Buy oil filter for the car, things to keep in mind: If you are preparing to make the changeto your car, surely you have the following question: what oil filter should I buy? In the market, there are many options and you really do not understand or what the differences between them are, right?
Well in this article we will tell you all the things to take into account when buying car oil filter so, you do not make a mistake when choosing it. We will give you a step-by-step guide so that you know exactly the details that you must control and which are the best options for your car.
You must know the importance of oil filter for the proper functioning of the car engine. In his day we tell you all the myths about lubricants that can lead to deception and also the disastrous state of an engine when an oil filter change is never made.
Replacing the oil is not enough. It is also important to change the filter. As much or, if possible, more. As the specialists in Ryco Australia lubricants tell us, the oil in your car’s engine serves to reduce friction between the moving gears, thereby reducing component wear and prolonging the life of the mechanics. Therefore, oil filter must be as clean as possible and for this, it uses the filter.
What is oil filter responsible for?
The filter is responsible for retaining all impurities and foreign particles that can wear out the pieces, which are floating in the lubricant (as small combustion residues or small fragments of the metal product of the friction of internal components).
If the filter is in poor condition, these elements are circulating through the engine, the mechanics will reduce their performance, which in addition will spend more fuel and will reduce its useful life.
- Current oil Filter
The first thing you should know is what oil filter your car carries. You just have to take the instruction manual of your vehicle and read it, although in case it is not indicated we have created a guide for you to discover it. It is important to know because it is normal to choose an oil filter similar or similar to this. Sudden changes in oil filter types do not work well and the car usually does not respond adequately, so it is always better to continue with the oil filter you had if it was working well.
The price of an oil filter depends on the type of filter your car requires … but do not be alarmed, since it is between 5 and 15 euros. The best thing is to choose one of quality, of a consolidated manufacturer, of proven reputation. It is not convenient to skimp … and less when we talk about such small quantities.
- Types of Ryco oil filters and their parts
A Ryco oil filter is a cartridge that hides different layers of porous elements, through which the lubricant passes to be filtered. If it is in good condition it retains more than 97% of particles, very small, between 10 and 40 microns in size (a hair has a thickness of about 60, to give you an idea of how small they can be). There are different types in the market, depending on their structure:
- Ryco Oil filter with interchangeable cartridge: Keeps the outer casing and only need to change the inner filter. They are cheaper (you do not have to change everything), but also more difficult to change for inexperienced hands. They are usually found in diesel engines.
- Monoblock Ryco oil filters: It is a single piece, very easy to remove and replace. They are the most usual.
- Centrifugal Ryco oil filter: They use a centrifugal force, which moves the oil in its path, to push the harmful particles towards a filter paper. They use mostly large diesel.
Regardless of the type of Ryco Oil filter, they can have different parts:
- By-pass valve: The filters include quality. It is responsible for directing the unfiltered oil to the circuit in case the filter becomes clogged (key in cold climates, where the oil can thicken a lot until the engine heats up).
- Anti-return valve: Good quality filters include this valve, which prevents the oil from returning all the way to the crankcase after turning off the engine. Thus, filters and ducts have oil when starting the engine.
- Filter housing: It is the “wrapper” of the filter. There have been cases (in cold start), which cause such pressure that they can explode. It is not common … and thank goodness because in those cases all the oil in the car is lost and the damages to the engine are very considerable.